Welcome to UTC Online. You can find information on this site that may help you during your online experience. You can login to UTC Online by clicking the Login button below or the Login button on the left navigation menu.
Blackboard Mobile Learn
Blackboard Mobile Learn is now available at no cost to UTC students, faculty, and staff. You can download the mobile app for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and Palm. For more information, installation instructions as well as recommendations for use by faculty and staff please review the Blackboard Mobile webpage.
Security Warning: Digital Signature Error
A security warning may appear when trying to use tools in Blackboard that utilize Java. Check "Always trust content from this publisher" and select Run to stop pop-up error messages. Learn more here...
Don't copy and paste directly from Microsoft Word into UTC Online
Pasting from a Microsoft Word document into any UTC Online window causes serious errors. To safely copy and paste from a Word document in UTC Online, use the "Paste from Word" Mashup tool. View one of the following tutorials to learn how (PDF, Video)
UTC Online Schedule
Instructors: Wondering when your courses will appear and disappear in UTC Online? Information can be found here...
Hiding/Unhiding the Course Menu
Information regarding hiding/unhiding the course menu can be found - here...
Illegal Characters in File Names Can Cause Inaccessible Files
Blackboard allows files with illegal characters in the file name to be submitted to the instructor; however, the instructor often cannot access such files. The fix in this case is for the student to rename the file without the illegal character(s) and resubmit it. Allowed characters in file names are as follows: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, a "-" (dash), and an "_" (underscore). Do not use file names containing the following characters: #, %, ), (, &, $, @, !, ?, or spaces.
About UTC Online...
- Using Blackboard: check your system and browser
- Blackboard Version: Blackboard Learn Enterprise 9.1 SP9
- Mobile Access: for Android/BlackBerry/Palm (Sprint) and iOS (WiFi) devices; details here
- Maintenance Schedule: UTC Online server maintenance occurs nightly from 3:45-4:00am and also the second Friday of each month from 5:00-7:00am. The system may not be available during these times. Do not schedule or take tests during these times. A record of outages is kept here for reference.
- Issues Log: A log of current and past critical issues is available here. You may view SafeAssign server status and resources here.
If you have concerns about the services provided by UTC Online please contact the UT System (use UTC Dean of Students instead of UT System) or a higher education representative in your state of residence.