Other Resources-Blackboard Mobile Learn & Respondus
Blackboard Mobile Learn allows users to access UTC Online on mobile devices using a native Blackboard Mobile Learn app. Currently enabled devices are Android, Palm webOS, and BlackBerry devices on the Sprint network, and iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch) using Wi-Fi.
Use of Android/Palm/BlackBerry devices on non-Sprint networks or iOS devices on 3G/4G is currently not a free offering from Blackboard. For more information on which devices and networks are offered as no-cost options, see the Can you give more insight into Blackboard's approach to the no-cost option for Blacbkoard Mobile Learn topic on Blackboard's Mobile Learn FAQ page.
How to Use
UTC Online users should think of the Mobile Learn app primarily as a way to view course content, create discussion threads and posts, and post announcements (instructors only). However, it is not guaranteed that all content can be viewed via Blackboard Mobile Learn (for example, Flash files). Warning: Tasks such as submitting assignments, posting files, or taking Blackboard tests or quizzes should be done through a non-mobile web browser.
Logging on to UTC Online with Mobile Learn
To log on to UTC Online using the Blackboard Mobile Learn app on your mobile device, follow these instructions:
Install the Blackboard Mobile Learn app on your mobile device:
- Sprint Android users: open the Android Market on Android, search for "Blackboard Mobile Learn," and download
- Sprint BlackBerry: 4.2 | 5.0
- Sprint Palm webOS: Palm Pre, Palm Pixi
- iOS: iPad | iPhone/iPod touch
- iOS users should ensure their device connection is using a Wi-Fi network and not 3G/4G.
- Open the Mobile Learn app on your device and search on the text "Chattanooga" (or "University of Tennessee at Chattanooga" will work).
- Enter your UTC ID and password to login.
Bb Mobile Learn Features
- Blackboard Mobile Learn
- Demos: Android | BlackBerry | iPad | iPhone
- Device Pages: Android | BlackBerry | iPad | iPhone/iPod touch
- FAQ about Mobile Learn
- Mobile team blog
Using the online course delivery system to provide electronic
testing of students can be a great convenience for both you and
your students. However, getting your questions into the system
can be a slow and intensive process of entering each question
individually. To help make this process of getting questions
into Blackboard a little easier, the program Respondus was
created. Respondus allows you to upload questions from your
desktop or home (Windows only) computer into Blackboard en masse, saving you the tedious hand entry time.
The install information located in the Blackboard class called UTC Online Blackboard Information. There is a button on the left hand side called Respondus. You will find the download there. All faculty should be enrolled in this course as students. If you are not enrolled, contact Karen Adsit.
- Quick Respondus Guide
- Importing Questions with Respondus
- Publishing an Assessment to Blackboard
- Using Publisher Test Banks with Respondus