Control Panel-Grade Center-Assignments & Test (Smart Views)
Assignments and Tests are Smart view Favorites. Any Smart View can be tagged as a Favorite to display in the Course Menu under the Grade Center heading. Select Favorite when creating a Smart View to make the Smart View a Favorite. When a Favorite is selected, the title of the Grade Center page includes the name of the Favorite. Note: When you import a course you may see duplicate Favorites listed that most likely can not be deleted (gliche in the system).
There are four different Types of Smart Views that specify the Student information:
- Course Group allows the Instructors to select a Group, which was created in the course. Groups are subsections created in the User Management Area of the Control Panel. They are a collection of students selected by the Instructor.
- Performance allows the Instructor to select Students based on performance
- User allows the Instructor to select individual Students
- Category and Status allows the Instructor to select from a full list of Student attributes; this is a combination of the options of the other three Smart Views.
- Custom allows the Instructor to create a query based on user criteria.
Once built and saved, Smart Views become a selectable list item on the Current View drop-down list of the Grade Center page, enabling easy navigation from one view to another. Any Smart View is saved as the default view of the Grade Center. The current default view can be changed at any time.