Control Panel-Course Tools-Send Email
Instructors can send email messages to other course members’ external email addresses within UTC Online. Emails are sent to individual users or to groups of users within the course, such as all Teaching Assistants. A copy of this email is sent to the sender by default.
You can send email to the following people in a course:
- All Users: Sends email to all users in the course.
- All Groups: Sends email to all of the groups in a specified course.
- All Student Users: Sends an email to all students in the course.
- All Teaching Assistant Users: Sends email to all of the Teaching Assistants in a specified course.
- All Instructor Users: Sends email to all of the instructors for a specified course.
- All Observer Users: Sends email to all of the observers for a specified course.
- Single/Select Users: Sends email to select users.
- Single/Select Groups: Sends email to select groups.
- Single/Select Observer users: Send email to a single observer or select observers in the course.
Note: Recipients of each email will not see the email addresses of other recipients. You cannot send email to others using the Internet with the Send Email function.
Before You Begin
- Blackboard Learn keeps no record of sent emails. You will receive a copy of your email in the Inbox of your external email account. Archive a copy of important messages in case you need them at a later date.
- Blackboard Learn will NOT recognize files or email addresses with spaces or special characters, such as #, &, %, and $. In general, use only alphanumeric file names and addresses in Blackboard Learn.
- Do not send email through Blackboard Learn without content in the subject line. Leaving the subject line blank can prevent the message from being delivered.
- All email will be sent from your official UTC email account to the recipient(s) official UTC email account
The following resource will allow you to do the following: